This week, I was being lazy. I normally look around for recipes that I can meal prep, but I didn’t find anything this week that I had a taste for. I love Mexican food, so that was my go-to. This week I made potato/mushroom tacos with some rice and guacamole!
I started with the rice in the rice cooker. Found an easy Mexican rice recipe here.
While the rice was cooking, I chopped up a lot of potatoes and put them in the oven. I used spices that I loved, the recipe will be below, but go on your own taste. I put those in the oven and started cleaning up my kitchen.
After a while the rice was almost done, I decided to start the guacamole. I normally just use this one from Paleo Leap.
I love guacamole. I can’t wait to get the space to grow my own. They are becoming expensive.
The potatoes were getting close to finish, and I noticed, I simply didn’t make enough. I decided to slice some mushrooms and saute them for extra filling.
I had to try these before I packed them up.
The rice was a little mooshy, but otherwise I loved it. I used these grain taco boats. I normally don’t, but I thought they were cute.
- 6 small red potatoes
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1 glove garlic
- 2 tbsp Basil, Thyme, Oregano
- 1 tbsp cumin, paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Cut potatoes into squares. (Preheat the oven to about 350F)
- Brush oil on pan
- Add potatoes to the pan, add the seasonings to your taste. Cook for about 30-35 mins. Make sure to take out half way through and sift around so it doesn't get stuck.
- When potatoes close to finish, saute the mushrooms. Add a tbspn of olive oil, and some vegan butter with salt and pepper.
- Everything should finish around the same time. Add to tacos for filling.