Why Try a Natural Deodorant
I found, that the deodorants that we normally buy from the store, are loaded with chemicals that can affect your body processes. Aluminum compounds, parabens, steareths, triclosan, propylene glycol, TEAs and DEA, as well are artificial colors are all loaded into our deodorants. Parabens, for example, are a type of preservative that can be used in many personal care products. Parabens mimic the activity of estrogen in the body.2 More estrogen typical means more growth of breast cancer cells. TEA and DEA, are the bases to make the cleansing portion of the deodorant. The chemicals in these compounds have been linked to liver and kidney damage.
With all these chemicals in deodorant, I started to look around for some that were more natural. These are some of the natural deodorants I found that I wanted to try.
6 Natural Deodorants to Try
- Primal Pit Paste All Natural Deodorant Stick, Aluminum Free, Paraben Free, No Added Fragrances, Lavender Stick – This one contains some beeswax, but is all chemical free.
- Essential Eden Pit Stank Paste Natural Deodorant, Unscented, Non Toxic, Aluminum Free, 4oz Glass Jar– This comes in a reusable glass jar, which I love, because I can repurpose for growing plants!
3. Green Tidings All Natural Deodorant *Extra Strength, All Day Protection* 2.7oz Lavender– This brand is from California, my home state, and it is Non-toxic, Organic, Vegan, Gluten-free, Corn-free, Soy-free, Paraben-free, SLS-free, Aluminum-free, Propylene-glycol free, Fragrance-Free, Petroleum and Petrolatum-free, Pthalate-free, Paraffin-free, Mineral Oil-free, no artificial colors, No Silicone Oil, No Menthol, Phenol, or Salicylic Acid. This is really all natural!
4.Organic & Natural Deodorant That Naturally Detoxes – Coconut Dream Scent – W/Organic Non-GMO Ingredients – For Women – Men – Kids – NO: Sulfates, Pthalates, Parabens, Aluminum, Or Dyes– I love this one because it naturally detoxes you at the same time.
5. Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant – Lavender and Sage Jar 2 ounce– This is another brand that uses essential oils and is all natural. This one isn’t sticky and is free of aluminum, phthalates, and parabens.
6. LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant Vanilla Lavender 2.0 oz – This is another all natural brand that uses essential oils as the scent.
- Dontmesswithmama, 7 Toxins Lurking In Your Deodorant
- Natural News, Dangerous Chemicals in Deodorant & Antiperspirant
- Authority Nutrition, 5 Tox Chemicals Hiding in Your Deodorant
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure
Please remember to share and comment